Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Home Again


I was out of town for most of last week, visiting with family.  I did bring a manuscript along that needs to be edited and actually got in a couple of hours of time on it.  But with two grandsons around--ages 4 and 5--plus a family home on a lake to visit, including boat rides, plus a visit to a local arts festival... well, I hadn't anticipated a lot of time to spend on writing, which was a good thing since I didn't.

It was a delightful trip.  Our younger son stayed home with our dogs, so I knew they were in good hands.  And I also got to see my "granddog" so that was enjoyable as well.

But while I was gone I received emails about an upcoming appearance as well as the need to draft a cover blurb and more, and had to wait till my return, when I'd have time to address them.

The appearance?  I'll be talking about writing in multiple genres at the Santa Clarita Romance Writers, a new chapter of the Romance Writers of America, on Saturday, so if you're around be sure to drop in.


And now I'd better dig in to the editing and other things I didn't accomplish this week!

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

I took the edits of my next crochet book with me to Vegas. It's hard to work when there is a lot of stuff going on. Your trip sounds like it had lots of distraction.

Good luck on your RWA appearance!

Linda O. Johnston said...

There were definitely distractions, but they were worth it! And thanks. I'm looking forward to my appearance this weekend.