Thursday, November 16, 2017

Cropping, Shopping, and Signing the Weekend Away


I spent Veteran's Day Weekend at a scrapbooking retreat at the Wisp Resort in McHenry, MD. It was a wonderful getaway (even with a snowy Friday morning) to spend time enjoying my hobby, hanging out with friends and making some new ones. There is just something about being around other crafters that energizes me and allows me to create a lot of pages, even though I spend just as much time chatting and shopping as I do scrapbooking. My new scrapbooking obsession is Kiwi Lane Templates. I've used them in the past and was hooked on them again this weekend. Part of it was because a friend of mine took some classes and was creating some amazing layouts and allowing her to try out a new style. Next crop, I plan to take one of the classes to learn a new technique or two using the templates.

I meet a lot of new readers and they kept me busy at my signing table (which trilled me!). And, I even meet a new reader who we have similar interests (Christmas decorating, Hallmark movies, love of Disney) and I do believe we are on the way to a friendship. I met many other lovely scrapbookers and readers this weekend but this new friend stood out to me because it's similar to how the friendship started between my new heroine and her best friend.



1 comment:

Linda O. Johnston said...

Sounds like a busy, fun and productive time!