Monday, January 15, 2018

Boursin Chicken and Peas with Parsley Noodles

How is it possible that January is half-way over? The holidays flew by with a whoosh of activity and a smidge of travel, and now it's the new year.

Do you look back and see what was left undone in the old year, before adding it to the new year's To Do list? I do, and my 2018 is looking as crazy-busy as 2017 was in some respects.

I have started saying No. No, I won't sign up for another two-year term on a non-profit board (which would be a second consecutive stint, and my fourth two-year term overall). I term out on another non-profit board in June, right before our family vacation/reunion in Maine.

I need to write more this year than I did last year, and saying No is my strategy.

I did say Yes to Husband this morning, when he asked for Chicken Noodle. Not soup, not a stew, it's a fast and easy dinner I can get on the table within 30 minutes after walking in the door. Today I decided to fancy it up, because he's worth it.

Boursin Chicken and Peas with Parsley Noodles

1 pound chicken tenders, tossed in seasoned flour
1 8 oz package sliced mushrooms
1 sweet onion, diced
1/3 C chicken stock, or as needed to create sauce
Boursin cheese, garlic and herb flavor
1/2 package frozen peas
1/2 package medium egg noodles
4 T oil, divided
4 T butter, divided
Parsley (I used Garden Gourmet freeze-dried parsley)
Salt and pepper

Boil water and prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Drain the noodles and return to the pot, tossing with 2 T butter, salt and pepper, and parsley. Boom - Parsley Noodles!



While the water boils and the noodles cook, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add coated chicken and cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove from pan (chicken won't be cooked through - not to worry). Add oil and butter to pan and add mushrooms, let cook for 3 minutes, then add onion and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes before adding chicken stock.

Return chicken to skillet, cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Add boursin cheese and stir into stock and vegetables; add peas, cover, and cook for another 5 minutes.

Plate Parsley Noodles and top with Boursin Chicken and Peas; sprinkle parsley over all. Fast, easy, and best of all, delicious!



No comments: