Friday, February 23, 2018

Serendipity

It was one of those days that doesn’t turn out as I had expected. I really wanted to go to my knit and crochet group this morning. I haven’t been for a few weeks and I like to catch up on how everyone is and I wanted to spend some time crocheting. I am making the pattern for On the Hook and I wanted some time to work on it.

I did make it to the group and it was as nice as I’d hoped. They all oohed and aahed when they saw the granny square afghan I’m making. It’s always a good feeling to get their stamp of approval.

I had tied in some errands that I did on the way back. And then I expected to get back to writing. But then my son wanted to go to Disneyland. We have season passes and he thought it wouldn’t be crowded since it was a Thursday and cold for Southern California and there was even a chance of rain.

The idea of getting some exercise sounded appealing and I thought I could watch my grandson, so his parents could go on some rides. They got a later start than expected and we ended up stuck in traffic and it took a long time to get there.

The cold weather and possible rain didn’t seem to deter anyone and Disneyland was crowded, though not mobbed. I did get my walking in and I did watch Jakey sleep while he parents went off together.

The ride home was much faster, though there were still traffic issues. They do road construction at night. The sky was interesting with bits of clouds drifting across the half moon. I am a nice kind of sleepy now. I didn’t get my work done, but there is always tomorrow. Time spent with family is never wasted.

2 comments:

Linda O. Johnston said...

It does sound like a fun day. And work will always be there when you're ready to tackle it!

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, the work is always waiting and sometimes it is easier to do when you've taken some time off from it.